Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Kindle


It's gray and overcast today here in Brooklyn. It's a perfect day for reading and sipping tea.
I recently got an Amazon Kindle2 (pictured) and so far, I've been incredibly impressed with it. I am not a gadget sort of person and really thought that I'd miss the feel of the paper pages of a book, but I didn't. The kindle is so easy to use and has so many intuitive features that it makes reading even easier. Okay, not easier, but it does make for a really pleasant reading experience.

The first book that I downloaded was Things I've Been Silent About by Azar Nafisi. I had read Reading Lolita in Tehran years ago and had liked it for the most part. I'd give Things I've Been Silent About maybe 3.5 out of 5. The next book on my list is Cradle to Cradle by William McDonough. This is an influential book on being much smarter/wiser about designing products, etc. for a truly sustainable world. At least, I think that's what it's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment