Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cacti and Succulents

I have a small collection (maybe 30 total) of cacti and succulents. They are all so beautiful, weird, and even a bit mysterious . Even after being poked enough times by the cacti that I should really wear protective gear, I still find myself surprised and a little bit hurt (emotionally and physically) when I misjudge the length of the cactus needles and get stuck yet again. The succulents on the other hand are so sensual and soft and full that for some reason, I exercise extreme restraint when dealing with them. Clearly I have my interactions with them backwards.

Lately, I've been trying to figure out ways to use the cacti and succulents as wedding favors because they look so nice together. This is a tricky challenge because wedding guests may or may not like a mysterious cactus that causes them pain. A less-stubborn person than myself (let's call them a quitter) would immediately move on to easier favors like chocolates or jelly beans or...snooze. But, as I read today on twitter, something something tomorrow's opportunities something something present themselves as today's something problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment